Recently, over hot meatball subs, my mentee and I talked about time management. She asked me how I get so many things done. I get this question so often and I am amazed that not everyone is doing the same things I do. So here is a quick list of my time management “tricks”
1. Have a clear understanding of your goals so you can quickly decide if some new thing that comes your way should go on your schedule or not.
2. Focus on one thing at a time. If you decided to work on your blog for an hour, don’t call your sister.
3. Use google calendar for all meetings/events. Its best to have access to it whenever anyone asks you to attend another event so that you can verify if your free. Double booking makes for stress.
4. Use your “free” time wisely. Prioritize what you need to get done, then when you have down time, use that to get some of those items finished.
5. Keep a todo list. Google has one that allows you to have different categories. I have one for each big project I am managing.