Friday, August 10, 2012
Hangzhou: My First post from inside China
Great city Hangzhou for the following reasons:
1. West lake is beautiful with a water show set to popular music, lit up pegotas,
2. It's a huge city on both sides of the river
3. It has lots of great shopping!' I got a bunch of cute tops and bottoms for five bucks or less. Some times as low as 50 cents!! We will see how long they last though.
4. Lots of free parks and museums
5. Dancing every night including tango!!! Great dancers!! It's along West Lake. It goes till 10 pm
6. Good cheap food
7. Mainly it's a tourist town so there's lots of people from other citys
8. It's close to important attractions. It's 2 hrs away from a 2k year old city. 45 mins away from Shanghai by bullet train.
9. Theres so much beauty here. So many trees
10. There's a night market where you can get a custom seal carved for you for $12.
Things I learned about Hangzhou:
1. The housing is very expensive
2. There are very few sit down toilets and you need to bring your own toilet paper and soap if your into using those types of things when going to the toilet.
3. The massages are $17.
4. The sky is rarely blue
5. The sun will burn you in a few minutes do all the woman carry umbrellas.
6. The beer is very weak and served in large bottles. Very few Chinese can process alcohol so they can't drink much.